Dividend Estimates For the 2018/2019 Season League Games
First, we collected fixture and results data for the Performance Buzz eligible leagues for the past 3 seasons. In cases where there were teams that will be playing in the top division this year that haven’t played in the top division for all 3 of the previous seasons, we replaced relegated teams with these teams accordingly.
Next, we collected two years of performance data for every player to have played in the top 5 leagues over the last 2 seasons. We also cross-referenced this data with each player's actual PB scores last season as well some data provided to us by @BuzzingPaul.
Then we estimated each player's expected score and variability for each game over the 3 seasons of fixtures based on their PB average, the 2 seasons of performance data (weighted towards last season), fixture results, their current club and the variability of scores last season.
Finally, we used this data to simulate each gameday for the last 3 seasons 100 times and recorded the winners of each game day every time as well as whether this was a single, double or triple matchday. We then aggregated these results to find each player's average dividend returns per season across the simulations.
The results will be added to our Premium Member’s Blog at 2 PM Sunday, July 29.
Membership Sign up
We are currently running 3 membership options you can sign up for each by clicking their respective links:
Bristol Rovers Shirt 18/19 Giveaway
The winner of this giveaway will win a choice of either a Bristol Rovers Home or Away Shirt for the 2018/19 season. In order to participate in this promotion and therefore be eligible to win the shirt, you must agree to all the below terms and conditions.
1. Entry Deadline: The deadline to have met all the entry requirements below is Sunday, July 28 at Midday BST.
2. Eligibility: this competition is only open to all United Kingdom residents who are aged 18 years old or over. Please note only 1 entry is allowed per person.
3. Entry Requirements:
1. Retweet our Twitter post that outlines this competition.
2. Reply to the tweet commenting on whether you would like to receive a “Home” or “Away” shirt along with the hashtag #EdgePBSim
3. Sign up to be a Free or Premium Member of FootballIndexEdge.com
4. Winner Selection: We will randomly select one of the qualifying entries and contact them to confirm they have met all 3 of the requirements above. If they haven't another winner will be selected at random. The winner will be contacted on Twitter and will need to confirm their Postal address for the prize to be sent to as well as confirming they meet all the criteria detailed above within 24 hours of receiving the message. The winner will also need to agree being mentioned on Twitter as the winner and to tweet a picture of the prize upon receipt.
5. The Prize: The prize will be selected as either a Home or Away Bristol Rovers Shirt for the 18/19 season. We will make every reasonable effort to acquire this prize after the winner selects their preffered size up to the RRP of £39. We will also only be liable to Postage & Packaging if your address is eligible for standard UK delivery.
6. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to this competition as we see fit.